Super Bowl 50 is here and your friends at Cujo’s Sports Bar & Grill are excited to celebrate the end of a great football season! If you didn’t score tickets to the game on February 7th, join Cujo’s for plenty of football fun. We will be offering a number of game day specials for both food and drinks.
In honor of Super Bowl Sunday, we are excited to share some of our favorite football facts, historical stats and funny tidbits. Take a look at some of the fun reasons why we eat, sleep, and watch football here in Lubbock, Texas!
- The first recognized football game was played between Rutgers and Princeton Universities in 1869.
- The Dallas Cowboys have the highest-valued sports franchise in the history of the United States.
- The average game attendance for an NFL game is almost 67,000 spectators.
- Though football games usually last around 3 hours, the ball is typically in play for only 11 minutes. Over half of game play on TV is devoted to replays.
- The oldest NFL stadium still in use is Soldier Field in Chicago.
- Six teams in the NFL don’t employ cheerleaders including the Bears, the Browns, the Lions, the Giants, the Steelers, and the Packers.
- The most watched television event in the United States is the Super Bowl.
- Wings and pizza are the most popular Super Bowl snacks. More pizza is sold on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year.
- 12 million pounds of avocados will be purchased in the week leading up to the Super Bowl.
When you want to do more than just watch sports on TV, stop into Cujo’s and enjoy great food, fun, and friends! Our bar provides an incredible sports experience with over 40 TV’s, delicious food, incredible service and a fun atmosphere. Whether you are stopping in for a cold brew or one of our appetizing entrees, you will love spending Super Bowl Sunday at Cujo’s Sports Bar!
To learn more about our happy hour and game day specials, give us a call at (806) 791-2622.